Monday, February 7, 2011

Meet Me At My Blog

Purpose of this blog
I definitely have to say I’m rather new to blogging.  So please be patient and hear me out. 
I am currently and online student at Full Sail University in the Internet Marketing Bachelor of Science program. I have blogged on another Web site with a few posts for class purposes. For the purposes of my current class, Information Systems and E-commerce, I have started this blog.  I plan to continue it to further my professional life.
Blogging has been around for awhile and lately it has become the new craze.  It serves many purposes for many different kinds of folks.  Let me say that for me to start out with, I want to connect with people and establish relationships.  Gosh, the Internet brings us the whole world, why wouldn’t you want to be connected to everything and anything.  And of course I want people to “know” me.
A Little Bit of Background
I’ve been a business person involved in direct selling since 2001.  By that I mean I’ve sold products through the party plan or you may think of it as a MLM’s.  I’ve sold everything from women’s clothing, skin care, craft kits, nutritional products and financial products such as life insurance.  I believe I know something about selling.  My favorite was women’s fashion!  Basically, it is all about finding a prospect’s or potential customer’s “need”.  I also developed Web sites for e-commerce.  I started this back in 2006 under my company name DRapp Marketing & Consulting.
Before that I was a computer programmer working on hospital systems in the corporate world.
Lately, I’ve been discovering my inner creativity.  I’ve developed new technical skills in Web Design after having completed a diploma course at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh. About a year and a half ago, I started actively selling on eBay.  It’s actually pretty crazy what I’ve sold.  Anything goes!  My experience with Full Sail University has been exceptional teaching me the whole realm of marketing on the Internet.
I invite you to post your comments, I am eager to learn from you!
Debbie Rapp
DRapp Marketing & Consulting

No comments:

Post a Comment